1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured 100% Tariff on Chinese EV's in the USA.

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Isaac Zachary, May 15, 2024.

1. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I'll chip in with what I know. Bose - the audio people - came out a while back with what I believe is an electromagnetic active suspension. It was kind of outside their product line so they sold the tech to ClearMotion. I contacted Clearmotion to see if I could add their product to a Toyota hybrid, thus making the perfect car. They said no, all of their units were going onto Chinese EVs.

TGTGUUD likes this.
  2. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Pro tip: before you go car shopping roll up a disposable email and phone number. They will harass you for this information until you cough up something. They can bombard me all they want, I only check in when I feel like it. They use a software product called "Constant Contact" which is an automated way to nag you until you buy something. Their messages are slick enough that it sometimes sounds like an actual human being is writing them.

What happened is that the twenty-somthingteen Avalons have developed a reputation for just plain working. They have depreciated enough from time and miles that normal people can afford a used one and the remaining value stays because they just won't die.

#62 kenmce, May 27, 2024
    Last edited: May 27, 2024
    Isaac Zachary likes this.