100Amp DC/DC Fuse Fusible Link Replacement - 15 Minute Job

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by PaulDH, Jan 12, 2021.

1. PaulDH

PaulDH New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks much for providing me with a fusible link. Greatly appreciated!

2. PaulDH

PaulDH New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have an update. TMR-JWAP was kind enough to send me a good used 100A DC/DC fuse. Many thanks TMR-JWAP!!! I just had cataract surgery two days ago, so although I was anxious to get on with it, I forced myself to wait until today to install the new fuse and test out the 09 Prius. It took all of about 10 minutes to install the replacement fuse and reconnect the HV and auxilliary batteries. So again, swapping out this fuse in my 09 was a very simple and straightforward process. I probably have 35-45 minutes into it on my first effort (and hopefully last effort).

I installed the fuse and the vehicle seemed to do everything correctly. The Ready light came on, and then the engine has started up and cycled three times so far. With the Ready light 'on' in the dash, I've tested the DC voltage at the under the hood jumper points and get 14.23 Volts. I then tested the voltage directly off the auxilliary battery posts in the rear of the vehicle and I get 13.74 Volts.

The voltage on the auxilliary AGM battery prior to starting the vehicle read 11.99 volts.

My handicapp is I only owned this Prius for one week prior to reverse polarity jumping the vehicle and blowing the 100A DC/DC fuse.
    For those in the know, does it sounds like lady luck was with me? Does all seem good? Anything else I should be testing or troubleshooting.

I did buy a VXDIAG VXC NANO for Toyota vehicle communication interface, but I don't have a laptop here to fire that up yet. I think I can read codes off the radio display, but I'll have to find a good thread on the Forum or on YouTube to do that again. I did it once prior to blowing the 100A DC/DC fuse.

Thanks much for any and all assistance.
    Paul

Just tested the voltages again with the vehicle still in Ready mode, and now get 14.07 under the hood on the jump start contacts, and 13.79 on the auxilliary battery.

Raytheeagle and davecook89t like this.
  3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Glad to hear everything is working out! I'd say you're sitting in pretty good shape. Drive the wheels off of it!!

PaulDH and Raytheeagle like this.