1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

100K warranty about to expire. Anything to check?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sorka, Jun 6, 2012.

1. sorka

sorka Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    So my Toyota platinum warranty is about to expire. It's never been used. I have about 99,500 miles.

Is there anything I should preemptively check? Anything that could show up later that if I'd only known to look for could have saved me an expensive repair?

Yes, anything is possible, so what I'm looking for is if there is a known list of typical problems the gen ii has that I should check for right now before 100K arrives.

2. sorka

sorka Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I guess no replies is probably a good thing :)

3. ssaylor

ssaylor Junior Member

If you're planning on servicing the car once more before hitting 100K, discuss it with your service advisor. The only major item That comes to mind is the hybrid battery which has a 10 year/100K warranty. They should be more than willing to identify any problem prone systems and address any concerns you may have.

FYI, I have the same warranty and just turned 60K. I'm going to go out on time next year but do far, I have had no warranty claims either (touch wood!).

4. sorka

sorka Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Not really worried about the battery. I'ts covered to 10/150K. Not aware of any prius warranty that is 10/100k. Perhaps you're thinking of the 8/100K hybrid system component warranty on non California cars.

5. sorka

sorka Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I'm also not in the habit of ever discussing anything speculative with service advisors. My experience over the decades is that 99% of them are idiots and have no clue about what they're talking about.

6. ssaylor

ssaylor Junior Member

Well, you're all set then!