1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

$10K+ Bodyshop repair invoice!

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by BlackT0P, Jan 30, 2020.

1. BlackT0P

BlackT0P New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hi!

Me and my wife bought a new 2016 Prius 4 touring with all the bells and whistles on earth day four years ago. Today we have over 270K miles and running strong.

Im a long time reader but first time poster.

The car was beat up in a hailstorm back in 2017 while vacationing and suffered $6K+ in damages. But we didn’t mind too much until the wife clipped a garbage bin a few weeks ago and damaged the right front corner of the car ($4K+). So another claim was made with AAA and we went ahead and took care of the post hail damage as well.

Dont have pics of the hail damage so just image a golfball and you get the picture. So new roof, new hood and PDR the whole left side of the car from front fender, doors, rear fender, and the left roof rail across the car. But the garbage bin damage was RF headlight, fog lamp, bumper and fender.

Got some progress pics from the bodyshop today that got me excited and would like to share with the Prius crowed here. I requested for a BlackT0P roof to give some more contrast to the pearl white color of the car. I had a car back in high school that had the same color combination that really stood out and wanted to the same for the Prius since it was getting new paint and roof.

Hope you guys enjoy, I’ll post more when we get the car back in a few more days.

Attached Files:

bisco and Mendel Leisk like this.
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sure are paying top dollar to the body repair folks... Maybe they need to take you out to dinner or at least buy you a pizza with all that money they made off of you!

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    270K is pretty astounding, doubly so for a 2016. (y)

Ongoing grumble of mine: maybe threads like this should be in the relevant 4th gen section, say the maintenance sub-forum? At OP: if you concur, you can report the first post and ask moderator to move?

BlackT0P likes this.
  4. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hail makes big expensive damage, but that was one tough garbage bin. For $4k, are we talking a dumpster class garbage bin?

5. BlackT0P

BlackT0P New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Haha total deductible was $1050.

6. BlackT0P

BlackT0P New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    We just keep up the regular maintenance at ANY Toyota dealer to keep records. So far all oil changes and recently the tranny and coolant services. And tires about 70K plus it minus 5k miles.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  7. BlackT0P

BlackT0P New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Here are the photos from the garbage bin and the kind she hit....FULL on a trash day too.

Attached Files:

Mendel Leisk likes this.