1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12/24hr Clock option only on Dash, not Navi?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by stevepea, Nov 11, 2017.

1. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    It seems that at least on the 7" Plus model, the option for 12hr/24hr display is only available for the dash clock, not the Navi/screen clock (where there's no option to change from a 12hr display to a 24hr display). It doesn't seem to make sense to have the option one one of the clocks, yet not the other (no matter what one sets the dash clock option to, the Navi clock has no option to change the 12hr display to 24hr display, as far as I can see on the 7" model). So even if your dash clock says "22:12", if your Navi clock shows you're 5 minutes away from your destination, it'll show the ETA as "10:17 PM PST"... and in SETTINGS I could find no option for changing this as there is for the dash clock.

Since the software is completely different between the 7" and 11.6" screens, I was wondering if there's a 12hr/24hr option for the 11.6 screen clocks?

And also if the Canadian Priuses with 7" screens have a 12/24hr option on the Navi screen clock, or just the dash clock like the US models?

Small point, I know, but why would Toyota be inconsistent on this? I know Americans typically use the 12h format and Europe and Asia often the 24h format, but why leave the option for one of the two clocks, but not the other?

Another small mystery of the car... :)

2. JacquesR

JacquesR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    but contrarily to priuschat forum (as viewed on my browser), both displays do have accented characters, (as in Québec)

#2 JacquesR, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2017
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ^ about time! Any accent that I have in my music (e.g. artist's name) will blank out the artist's name (unless the accent is at the end). For example, if the word is Québec, it'll blank it out. If the word is exposé, it will show expos

@stevepea It works the same way in my Gen 3. My dash clock has the 12/24h option and my nav is in 12h.

stevepea likes this.
  4. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just updated my dash clock to the fact that we are no longer on daylight savings time. Started with the large screen and it seemed pretty straight forward; it asked if I wanted to forgo daylight savings time and if I wanted the clock to be synced to satellite time. I said yes, and that clock was updated, but not the dash clock. With it, I had to press a lot of buttons on the steering wheel. Finally decreased an hour and added a couple of minutes to it. This is a complicated car!

Mark57 likes this.
  5. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Um, you know this was about 3.5 weeks ago . . . :D j/k

Tideland Prius likes this.
  6. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yeah, I know but I was somewhere in Asia at that time. Just thought it interesting that there are two clock systems and they don't talk to each other.

Mark57 likes this.