1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12 v battery charger.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by AliPK, Oct 10, 2018.

1. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    That was still connected to the car overnight. If that wasn’t clear that was my fault and I apologize. The 12.5 V is from the Toyota service information I printed. While I nervously wait for the battery to come my parents have had no issues with starting the car.

Interesting quote from WikiPedia:

If the open circuit voltage of AGM cells is significantly higher than 2.093 volts, or 12.56 V for a 12 V battery, then it has a higher acid content than a flooded cell; while this is normal for an AGM battery, it is not desirable for long life.

Not sure how accurate it is from what you are saying though....

2. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    That was exactly what I was thinking! I guess I’ll be the test guinea pig so to speak. At least I’m looking forward to a lighter load on my back.

3. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I want to correct my mistake. For some reason 10 posts are missing on TapaTalk. My charger has a 3 A setting, not 4 A, like I think I noted. My apologies for the mistake!!!