1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12 v Battery replaced on Prius + (Bosch S4 019)

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ginnupotter, Apr 26, 2021.

1. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    SIGH. Is this another case of "I am not going to let this go until you admit that I am right.......and you are wrong ?????"

We are absolutely here to try and help people.

Making inaccurate and misleading statements doesn't help anybody.
    Flatly stating that "the 12 V battery is not needed once the vehicle is "ready", very likely is slightly misleading at the least .......or flat wrong at most.

And the person who made the remark is known for missing out on some critical points and making sweeping statements that often are not true.

I give up. You believe whomever and whatever you want.

AND none of what I said in any of the posts in this thread is rude.
    Making that claim just turns a calm discussion into a fight. THAT is worse than rude.

2. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The battery acts like a capacitor when the system is READY.

I think therefore I am...

gromittoo likes this.
  3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Just think, our fathers had to sit around the neighborhood diner smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee to bitch and moan about life, the way things used to be and of course, to argue about solutions. Maybe an occasional leer at the slightly younger waitress that often called them "honey."

Now we are reduced to virtual bitching with no waitresses. At least we can now be terminology and grammar nazis.

Advice not Advise.jpg

4. gromittoo

gromittoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I just called like I saw it. @sam spade 2's reply above was rash, and rude to @bisco. @bisco even replied with a sarcastic reply.

I was going to let it pass as if it didn't happen. Then @sam spade 2 reacted to my agreeing with @bisco's comments as mostly true by casting my "vote". I meant it to keep the focus on educating the OP on the big picture. "Vote" must be a trigger word I was not aware of. If @sam spade 2 has a problem with that, then it is their problem. Geesh another member I need to tiptoe around / ignore.

And this all was over a really such a minor point that added nothing to the OP's understanding.

bisco likes this.
  5. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three