1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12 volt battery questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sc1988, Jul 29, 2016.

1. sc1988

sc1988 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi everyone,

It's that time again when I need to replace the battery in my 2008. I have have had the optima yellow for the last 5 years or so and I'm thinking of getting another one. (I know they said the quality has diminished and I am open to other suggestions).

Here's my question, the autozone near me quotes me $237 plus tax for a yellow optima. I found an online company streetsideautocom and they list the same battery for $147 plus free shipping.

Anyone here use this company before? Are they any good?

Interested what you all think,
    Regards,

Seth

2. lar.smith42

lar.smith42 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Check with your local dealer. I got Toyota battery for $206 at dealer. Total installed $246

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    haven't heard of them, i suppose it's only warranty you worry about, but maybe you can return direct to optima if necessary? also try 'elearnaid'.

4. andrewclaus

andrewclaus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Same price here, but I installed it myself.

lar.smith42 likes this.
  5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I bought the floor mats from streetsideauto.com and the Optima battery from elearnaid.com. No problems with either site.

$147 looks like a really good price just make sure you are ordering the correct battery.

Warranty is 3 years and warranty claims are handled by the online seller. If bought at a store the store handles the warranty claim.