1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12V Auxiliary Battery Leaked Acid!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ComputerGuy, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Bikeman

Bikeman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Shippj: I just got pointed to your post. I found water in both wells on my 06 Prius and cracks in exactly the same place as yours. I cleaned the area thoroughly, scuffed it up with a ScotchBrite pad, and put in a bead of clear silicone. I don't know if I'd depend on paint to seal something that is flexing as it is quite brittle.

2. GasSippr

GasSippr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What kind of touch up paint did you use? Is it still holding? Currently having the same problem but haven't found the leak yet.

3. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I seem to recall cyberprius posting about this same area leaking on her prius. Glad to see the post's you put up and also glad to see and hear you found the problems and were able to solve it.

You might want to get a can of this stuff and use it instead of the paint or along with it.

Auto Body Shop Paint Supplies 3M 08656 Brushable Seam Sealer for Joined Seams | eBay

Merkey likes this.
  4. Merkey

Merkey Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

5. Merkey

Merkey Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I never would have guessed this was the source for water entry. I used 3 coats of Toyota touch-up paint and after 2 washes there is no water in trunk areas. I hope this holds. Thanks for the great tip.

6. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If your paint seal fails, use RTV next time.

Merkey likes this.