1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12V Battery Cable help ASAP

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by priuspubescent, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Likeawind

Likeawind Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have ordered a genuine inverter coolant pump, was questioning about the engine water pump.

I’m confused about the second pump. Where does this one go? What’s the difference between G9020-47031 & 16670-21010?

Also can I use the Lisle funnel to bleed the inverter coolant pump?

Best way to drain the engine water pump? Is it by the driver’s side under the bumper?

#161 Likeawind, Mar 19, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  2. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Estimate shows required part numbers, have no idea where you see engine water pump.

Google or search PC

Prius replace coolant control valve
    Prius replace inverter coolant pump
    Prius bleed inverter coolant pump

#162 alftoy, Mar 19, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  3. Likeawind

Likeawind Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Update! I have drained the inverter coolant, waiting for the pump to arrive. Car is sitting on the ramp, will drain the engine coolant as well to replace the other coolant pump Anything I can do to speed up the process or prep up in the meantime? Oh one more thing, will replace the serpentine belt today. Will probably swap the spark plugs as well. I watched a video where the guy didn’t unplug the coils just removed the bolt and replaced the spark plugs, the hardest one to swap is the last one from the right I guess. Recommended spark plugs pls?

#163 Likeawind, Mar 22, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Probably ok to do as long as you're not putting any undue strain on the cable of each plug. If you can't get the plug out easily with the cable attached then you are as well to just unplug the coil, it only takes a couple of seconds after the first one where you figure out how the unlocking mechanism works. In any case, it's not rocket science.

5. Likeawind

Likeawind Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I’ve replaced both pumps and took it for state inspection, they said there is an error code for inverter pump failure which I just replaced. He cleared the code and asked me to drive for 100 miles. Does the code go away automatically when the pump was replaced and it has be erased? There are no lights on the dash.