1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12V battery failed & warnings after new installed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Roger Frueh, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Roger Frueh

Roger Frueh New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My first posting here, but I've been a fan of PC for a while, and I am original owner of Gen2 2009, low miles odo 75k. Looking for advice on these indicators showing after replacing the failed 12v battery.

New battery recovered most operational funtions BUT...
    MAIN warning Triangle of Death + Brake indicator + VSC indicator and at MFD the battery indicator and Hybrid warning indicator are all on.
    Cruise control is disabled. But otherwise driving is normal.

My questions are:
    How do you release the Rear Hatch when battery is dead?
    What's the best OBD adapter recommended for Bluetooth/android? and use with DrPrius app/hybrid assistant

Do these errors only occur when - in the process of Jumping battery to open the hatchback you mistakenly cross + & - ( Sparky ) ?

I took delivery of this in Nov 2008. Expected a job change and long commute, but that never happened.
    Original 12 V battery gave me spurious troubles for years 2010/2011 and when I found details noted here in PC I requested dealer to replace it. All good for 9 years. Pushed my luck. Should have replaced sooner.

Battery failed on Friday 13th, while I was at work.
    Co-worker called in to say your prius is Chirping / beeping.
    Oh No. I know what that is.
    " Do you need a Jump?" no I needed to replace that battery long ago.

Attached Files:

2. scona

scona Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    If you do a search on that topic there are numerous replies in past threads that are available.