1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12v Battery Holder and Positive Terminal Unit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by flubsurfer, Oct 7, 2020.

1. flubsurfer

flubsurfer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hi everyone. I’ve been lurking on this site for months and it’s been really helpful.

In the Youtube tutorial I was following to replace my battery, it shows the 12v battery holder and positive terminal connected as one piece.

My two pieces are separate and I’m not sure how to reconnect them. I think I must’ve separated them when trying to remove the old battery. When I was installing then new battery I reinstalled the battery holder and then just connected the positive terminal unit to the battery. It’s not attached to anything else. This doesn’t look correct.

How do I reattach these two pieces?

#1 flubsurfer, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Take the terminal bracket piece off the terminal and join the two pieces back together, then reattach the whole unit to the terminal.

Review the video to see if you can any visual clues.

flubsurfer likes this.
  3. flubsurfer

flubsurfer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base

Do they slide and snap together or are they supposed to be screwed together? I see holes in both the terminal unit and the battery holder that seem to align.

4. flubsurfer

flubsurfer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    This is probably a simple solution but

How do I join these two pieces together?

5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry, I can't help with that, I've always taken that whole piece off as a unit. (And I have only done that once 4 years ago.)

6. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    They're held together by one of those simple little plastic rivet/nail things. It does look to me like you need to install the (+) terminal clamp lower on the battery terminal. That high up may not have a good solid connection. Also looks like you probably bent it a bit when you removed it.

flubsurfer likes this.