1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12V battery List

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by cproaudio, Jun 21, 2015.

1. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    valuequest and Mendel Leisk like this.
  2. WesleyRiccipio

WesleyRiccipio Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Mendel,

Is that the highest AH output battery you could find? I was curious if you or anyone else has come across a more powerful battery like this? But it would have to fit the Gen 3.

I am making my gen 3 into a camper, so the highest and safest battery(AGM) that could fit in the Gen3 is what I'm looking for.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    That's not my quest, so not in the know. For others though: what does "camper" entail? Extra interior lighting, for example?

If you leave the car fully on ("Ready" mode in Toyota-speak), the regular battery should be sufficient. Sitting at idle and using accessories is harder on the battery, but not a lot, and would be recouped if you're also driving long distances.

Maybe solar panels too?

4. WesleyRiccipio

WesleyRiccipio Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah, many people add some lighting and also an extra 12V to power things like a portable fridge or air fryer. Since it'll work at night, my front and rear cameras will be active/wired into fuse back there, while I could also keep other electronics charging.

I'm not too knowledgeable on solar, but that could be a nice way to maintain energy storage levels without turning the prius engine on.

Mendel Leisk likes this.