1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12V battery problem and dealer reaction

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cvstan, Sep 5, 2007.

1. cvstan

cvstan Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Sep 8 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]509107[/snapback]</div>

Hi All,
    Update: I let the car sit for three days and it started right up. Its a miracle! Maybe not. The only thing I did differently was to hide the remotes in a metal drawer (someone suggested this...). I don't know if the car was detecting the keys being nearby in the house. My computer room is right next to where I have been parking the car next to the house. I am maybe 8ft from the car when sitting at my desk. Maybe the smart key function is draining the battery if I keep the remote in my pocket and sit near the car.
    I need to hide the Prius key so the battery doesn't go dead and I have to be careful not to sit on the MINI key or else the sunroof and windows will open (this is a feature). Keys are getting too smart!
    I bought a fancier battery charger that has a setting for AGM batteries.
    I have a battery tender I can use.
    I am aware of the charging requirements (owners manual says 4A, service bulletin PG007-03 says 10A).
    When I go for vacation next week I will deactivate the smart key function just to be sure (button under the steering column).
    Thanks for all your comments. Maybe its not quite dead yet.