1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12V battery replacement-ICS restet

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jim Perry, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Jim Perry

Jim Perry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Had to replace the 12V battery on 2016 Prius 4 Touring. Decided to buy the 84 month warrantied battery from Desert Toyota in Tucson, AZ. Asked the Parts salesperson about resetting the sonar (ICS). He looked at me like I was a Martian. "I have no idea what you are talking about, let's go ask ask the Service Department." The first answer I got was that there was no need to reset anything, but after I told the Service Rep that was not what the Owner's Manual said, he checked with a technician. "You have to bring the car in here and we need to hook it up to the machine to do the reset. $80." Well, since the car was 25 miles away we took the battery home and put it in and then read the OM a bit more. "Reset by driving in a straight line for 5 seconds or more at 22 mph or greater." Worked just as the book said. Creates a lot of confidence in that Desert Toyota Service Department.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yep, they're not geniuses

alanclarkeau likes this.
  3. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    That's cruel, confusing the poor dimwits, er I mean dealers, like that. :LOL: