1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12V Battery Replacement Procedure?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by EZW1, Jan 2, 2022.

1. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Gonna need to replacement my battery soon. The mechanical part is easy, but wondering about systems. After new battery is in, are there any setting in systems I need to do, or will everything come up normally like nothing never happened? Thanks

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If you didn’t maintain power to certain systems like the radio and auto window closers, you may have to reset them. Otherwise, just drive away.

Montgomery likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    After intentionally disconnecting (typically for DIY brake service), I’ve noticed some disconcerting behaviours, likely unavoidable. First time I start up, it’s “uh oh, every trouble light is on. Shut down and restart, and that goes away. Then, for the next maybe four start ups, an unusual rev up, something recalibrating.

yeah but use a memory saver and you avoid this. I use a purpose-built cord that goes between a jump pack and the OBD port, avoids the issues.