1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12v battery replacement update....

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by DonJuan1943, Oct 7, 2021.

1. DonJuan1943

DonJuan1943 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks to many of you ladies and gents who helped me with my 12v battery situation in my 2106 Prius 3, gray. After numerous suggestions from yall I found the 12v replacement that I needed at NAPA automotive. Perfect fit, best price; and everything was compatible. Price: $152. +tax & core or exch. Group 140R. part #75140R MF.

I used a trickle charger as a battery tender to avoid losing data in the system, and I used you tube videos. Seems to have worked; and I did not turn the car into a very expensive toaster. Yet. Toyota wanted 175. for the battery and another 100/plus. to do the exchange. Plus tax. I was going to upgrade to a newer hybrid vehicle, but with only 29K on him; why bother?! For cold snow/ice conditions I've got a 2010 Forester, white, 56K, parked on the other side of the garage. It has a new battery too. Again; thank you for your advice and support.

MPGboss likes this.