1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I have one of these VW solar panels. I used to sell cars and all the VW's came in with them to make sure their batteries were charged on arrival.
    12V VW SOLAR PANEL BATTERY MAINTAINER WITH OBD PLUG IC0915687D | eBay
    I havent put it in my car yet but would leaving it in all the time help? Ive read that the prius has some kind of solar reflective glass and it may not charge.

2. sorka

sorka Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Wow! Dealer cost on the battery is about $110 which means they charged you $315 for 10 minutes of labor. At least that's how long it took me to change my father in law's battery. I suspect a mechanic who does it a lot could change it even faster. The Prius battery is really easier than most vehicles to change. Not a lot to take a apart. My Durango, for instance, takes about 1.5 hours because you have to disassemble the upper cowl and a bunch of other surrounding pieces just to get to the battery.

3. NortTexSalv04Prius

NortTexSalv04Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    FYI
    The avg life of car battery at best is 4-5 years then one day your car will not run,start or both correctly.......

4. flim

flim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Autozone in Huntington Beach charged me $199 last week but there is a $25 rebate from Optima.

Toyota dealers around here charges $199 for Oem plus labor of $125-$150!

5. comatoes

comatoes #GreenLife

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had my 12 volt replaced at Toyota yesterday after it failed to start my car at work (dead about 3 times in the last 6 months).

Battery cost: $197

Labor: $24 (another toyota dealership was charging $47 for install, so it's good to shop around).

Unfortunately the battery only comes with a 1 year warranty! That sucks!