1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12v fuse locations.

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by G Man v5, Dec 3, 2022.

1. G Man v5

G Man v5 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I see one fuse is inside and the other is in engine bay. Which fuse is for the front 12v outlet,?

2. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    that should be on the fuse box cover diagram/layout. Usually a 10A or 15A fuse. If it's blown, it should be easy to spot.

3. G Man v5

G Man v5 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    As I stated in the post, I am aware of where they are located. . They are both 15 amp fuses. What I'm wondering is which fuse is for what outlet? If anyone knows that would be helpful. I really don't want to have to pull the fuses to figure out which is which.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This is weird. Up through Gen 3, the owners' manual included pictures of each fuse box with each fuse position numbered and identified. For example, a Gen 3 has one labeled CIG and one labeled PWR OUTLET.

But I just downloaded a 2016 owners' manual and they seem to no longer include those diagrams (unless I missed it somehow). They only show where the fuse boxes are and what a blown fuse looks like. :(

So I guess it's down to what's printed on the fuse box lids, or (with a grain of salt) third-party sites like fuse-box.info. But if the labels given are just something like P/OUTLET NO.1 and P/OUTLET NO.2, then it's still not obvious which is the front one.

In which case, it might really be fastest to just pull one and see which outlet goes dark, and if you really want to avoid that, then the wiring diagram will clear it up:

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

Questions about fuses pretty much always are worth asking the few take-a-step-back questions: (1) is one blown? (2) do you think you know why? (3) has that been fixed?

5. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    See my previous postings.

G Man v5 likes this.
  6. G Man v5

G Man v5 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    And that is exactly how it is described....Power outlet 1 and Power outlet 2.

7. G Man v5

G Man v5 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you. So the interior fuse is for the "driver/passenger" or PA1, and PA2 is for the back seat. With the location of the 12v so close together, makes one wonder why one fuse is in the interior and the other is in the engine bay. Strange.

I do not like the location of the PA1 at all in the Gen 4. My v had it up under the dash...Much better location.