1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12v READY under dash?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Scallywag, May 17, 2014.

1. Scallywag

Scallywag Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm looking to find a good source of +12V under the dash, that's switched on when the car is Ready/IG-ON (ACC also would be okay, but definitely want it OFF when the car is off).

I've heard recommendations for the cigarette lighter, what's the best way to get at that wiring?

If possible, I'd prefer to access something under the driver's side dash. I can live with passenger side if that's more convenient in other ways.

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a Gen 3, but it should be similar to yours. I use a fuse tap like this

[​IMG]

To tap an open seat heater circuit (my car doesn't have seat heaters) that is powered only when in Ready mode.

Only down side to this is the fuse panel cover doesn't fit anymore. ;) So I have it in the glove compartment for reference.

SCH-I535

3. Scallywag

Scallywag Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That is...

That looks like a great idea. I'm off to Autozone...

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Make sure you pick up some extra fuses too, so you can place fuses in the fuse tap.

SCH-I535