1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12V receptacle doesn't work...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Dino33ca, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Dino33ca

Dino33ca Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Is that a common problem on Prii? I couldn't find any threads about this. Is there a fuse that can be replaced or does one have to replace it?

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nope. Not common. I would check the fuse.

I blew the cigarette lighter fuse in my Prius (I think, possibly my former Z) by using a crappy 12 volt splitter. I tried it again and it blew it again. Too bad I think it was too late to return it. My other splitters were/are fine and I've never blown the fuse again.

Dino33ca likes this.
  3. Dino33ca

Dino33ca Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

Thanks, that's exactly what I did as well. It seemed to work at first because the gps hooked up to it worked. I thought maybe it was running on the battery, but now that you mention it, it probably blew just after I hooked up the three in one splitter. The fuse must be in the front fuse box under the hood? I looked in there and couldn't see one, but maybe it's labeled under a different name or abbreviation. I'll look again....

4. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    They are inside, in the driver side junction block. Two labeled "Power Receptacle" @ 7.5A.

Dino33ca likes this.