1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12V utility plug in Prius 2007 (Japanese Model)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Asim Jahangir, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Asim Jahangir

Asim Jahangir Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello all,

I recently bought a 2007 Prius (Japanese Model). Despite best efforts, I am unable to locate the 12V utility plug. I am looking to power an external GPS device as the built-in navigation system is, well, in Japanese.

I'd really appreciate if someone can post a photo of the dashboard to locate the 12V plug.

Thanks!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Since you have a Japan domestic market model and most posters here are from North America or Europe, I don't know that anyone can post photos of a JDM vehicle.

North America 2G models have two 12V power outlets. One is located on the lower portion of the passenger-side dashboard near the center; and the other is located inside the center console between the two front seats.

3. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The UK/European version only has one outlet in the centre armrest box. It is difficult to see and get at as it has a spring loaded lid. It is mounted in the front wall of the box about 3/4 the way down, and in some versions has an aux audio input jack at the side of it.

Asim Jahangir likes this.
  4. Asim Jahangir

Asim Jahangir Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Thanks! I found it in the armrest box. But there is no Aux input jack. I really wish this car had an option for Aux input and ability to change language.