1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'13 CT200h (fancy prius) suspected dead hybrid battery after sitting

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Jon-L, May 23, 2022.

1. Jon-L

Jon-L New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    III
    I have a '13 ct200h, it sat for about a year with a bad head gasket as a 'round to it project because.. well it's a heck of a job and I didn't need the car and just didn't want to do it. I finally got around to it and started the project a month ago. When I went to move the car into the garage I got the dreaded check hybrid system, but I ignored it because i knew the 12v battery was shot. I got the car all buttoned up the other day, new 12v battery and disconnected the big white wire in the fuse box to clear the hv error and wala the car started and ran for about 20 seconds, followed by check hybrid system and a code for engine failed to start P0A0F and P3190. I cleared those, but the process keeps repeating. I believe the engine is running because I smell exhaust gas, but I get no throttle response. I ran the Dr Pris app, but it shows that the Battery charge is at 0%? but i have a bunch of green bars on the modules except one.. one is in the red. Honestly not even sure how to use this app for diagnositcs. but i have tech stream coming today. I'm considering buying one of the chargers from venicehybridtech and trying to bring the charge up on the traction battery but if anyone could offer some direction i'd take it here. I don't mind rebuilding or replacing the Traction battery but i want to know its dead before i do that.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it sounds like bad gas maybe? a lot of people think the engine is firing, but all they are doing is wearing down the hybrid battery until it's dead.
    idk if that charger will bring it back, or if you'll have to go in and do module by module.

Jon-L likes this.
  3. Jon-L

Jon-L New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    III
    any charger recommendations? The gas in the car is about 6 months old and still smells potent (i spilled a bit when i pulled the fuel rail). one other change that was made, I had new injectors on hand that i bought off amazon. They look like the old ones but different color. I don't think this is the issue but worth a mention. Any recommendations on chargers to go module by module? I'm really thinking about biting the bullet and buying the 500 dollar rapid charger that works on multiple cars. I could make some side cash rebuilding hybrids.

bisco likes this.
  4. Jon-L

Jon-L New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    III
    This looks bad... And I am getting p3000-389 Screenshot_20220523-165230.png

Attached Files:

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no, i have never done it. i know they use rc model chargers. there are lots of threads here with solid info from experienced rebuilders.
    but if the rapid charger will work, it would be much easier

6. Jon-L

Jon-L New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    III
    well I've ordered some hobby chargers off amazon. I'll try to document the process. I know I have bad modules so hopefully I can provide some contributions here.

bisco likes this.