1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'13 Prius Gentex Rearview Mirror loose

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by icezack, May 27, 2018.

1. icezack

icezack Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm having an awesome experience with our '13 Prius Three.... But there's one thing that I can't fix and it's driving me crazy.

I found that the rear view mirror was loose and after a quick Google search, I found out that tightening the torx screw under the mirror would do the trick. And it worked.... Until I noticed that it was still not 100% on place.

After further inspection I found that the previous owner replaced the windshield, and that the metal bracket that holds the mirror its not the right one for the mirror I have.

I've called already a bunch of dealers but they say that they won't sell the bracket without the windshield (LOL)

Tried with glass shops too, but same thing. One of them told me to contact gentex to see if they can help me with that. I Googled a bit and I talked to the authorized dealers on gentex website, but they told me that they only sell the mirrors and do not include the metal bracket.

I was thinking about maybe getting this adapter And either see if it will work with the bracket I have or I can replace it with one that will work with the adapter.

Any ideas of what can I do here?

Here are some pics of the mirror.

IMG-20180526-WA0020.jpeg IMG-20180526-WA0008.jpeg IMG-20180526-WA0003.jpeg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

#1 icezack, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Add a piece of material and use it as a shim to make it fit better. Like cut up a soda can to the right size