1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1372mile/tank achieved

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by ken1784, May 20, 2006.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ May 24 2006, 01:26 AM) [snapback]260199[/snapback]</div>
    I believe there were cars in the 60-80s??????? that had bladders?????¿ I'm thinking I seen something about them on the discovery channel a while back. I think they developed the bladder to keep the car exploding when in a rear end collision. They were more like a flexable hard plastic then a bag that hold gas. It was for one of those "crappy" fuel saver cars I believe. I Cant remember the name of it right now but I know it blew up when rear ended at about 20-30MPH. :(

The bladder is to help keep emissions low I think. That or keep us from blowing up. :D

2. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ May 24 2006, 02:26 PM) [snapback]260199[/snapback]</div>
    If it is legal to remove a catalyzer, you'll be allowed to remove the bladder too. :)
    Yes. It's for HC emission.

Ken@Japan

3. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ken1784 @ May 23 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]260210[/snapback]</div>

Now we have to find someone thats willing to do it..... providing its legal of course...
    There shouldn't be a problem with the state or government since other cars don't have it, but maybe with Toyota.

I've always thought adding a second tank would be the easiest and safest.... an excellent emergency backup!

4. unruhly

unruhly New Member

I know that in our state that it's against the law to tamper with, alter, or remove ANY emissions device that came originally on the car unless the replacement part is certified or a direct OEM replacement. Hefty fines are often levied when caught at the annual inspection.

Of course, all of us wrench jockies know which inspection stations to go to and usually a load of BS will convince any uncertain tech that it was done right... "Oh sure, that's legal, see the decal?" ;)