1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

15,000 Mile Service

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by flyingprius, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    the 2004 Prius Scheduled Maintenance Handbook shows the first engine and cabin air filter change at 30,000. (page 7)
    My 15,000 mile service cost $43.86. I think some of you are being taken for a ride.

2. removeum

removeum Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Timing Chain

Well at least at 60,000 miles we do not have to replace a timing belt. 04's have a timing chain.

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

All Prius's have a timing chain.

4. skeptic1

skeptic1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You sound like a difficult customer to please. So the oil was a hair high. When you drain the oil, there is bound to be some still coating the engine walls and hidden in places. They add 4 quarts of oil and would rather be safe than sorry. I suppose you would have them add 3, then check the dipstick, then add a pint and check again etc. How much do you think they would have to charge you then? Why are you even changing oil at 15000 miles anyway? Use synthetic and Toyota says you only change every 10000 miles. As for the air pressure, it varies by temperature so a few pounds difference is nothing. Now you have the time to write up all this? I think you need to decide what is important in life and stop obsessing about things that don't mean squat. Just my two cents

5. Econ

Econ Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    "
    PHP:
    """"3.9 quarts of 5W30."  At this time my tires were still set to factory  so when I got the car back, I paid my $39 and went on my way. """
    Are you not using synthetic? 0W20? For 2010 model this is the oil to use.
    I put 4 quarts in mine. I also change the oil filter every oils change at three intervals at 5k. All subquentt intervals will be at 10k.

I change my oil. Very easy and you save$

1 person likes this.