1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

15" hubcaps...Options?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by GreenGuy33, Jul 20, 2012.

1. GreenGuy33

GreenGuy33 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Since finding 2 hubcaps "missing", I am wondering if I have options as to the styles of hubcaps? Does a particular style affect fuel efficiency? Will going "cap-less" improve gas mileage?

2. krazypriuslady

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    suggest you do a search- there is a long thread on each-first you can go hubcapless, and get an insert at the hardware store for $1 to go into the center of the wheel. Second there is a separate thread, quite long, about the merits of using/removing the hubcaps.
    Good luck, and welcome!!

GreenGuy33 likes this.
  3. tomstodola

tomstodola Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I took the plastic wheel covers off the day I bought the car. I am getting 51mpg on average. I have 46k miles on the car and replaced my tires at 41k with Micheline energy savers.
    I bought my center caps on ebay for about $21.00 complete. Just go to www.motors.ebay and type in prius center caps under parts and accessories. You will find several auctions and buy it now options.

GreenGuy33 likes this.