1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB 15" Prius rims (any year)

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by mpg_numbers_guy, Aug 14, 2019.

1. mpg_numbers_guy

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Looking for a set of 15" rims for a '08 Toyota Prius to use as winter tires. Quality isn't important as long as the rims aren't damaged and hold air (i.e., scuffs and curb rash aren't a big deal, missing wheel covers no big deal either).

Any set of 15" wheels from a 2004 or newer Prius ought to fit. Not looking to spend big $$, hence why scuffs and curb rash aren't a big deal. Located near Grand Rapids, Michigan, but will be near Lynchburg, VA on Sunday.

Not having much luck looking around elsewhere, so just thought I'd throw up an ad here to see what happens.

Let me know what you got.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just FYI, these black steel rims are 100% compatible:

Corolla 15" black steel rims p/n: 42611-02471
    With lug nuts p/n: 90942-01007 (utilitarian, open-ended, galvanized)

3. mpg_numbers_guy

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Over $100 each. Ebay has a set of 4 prius rums for ~$275. Hoping to find something under $200 without going steel if possible.

Camry rims are 5x114.5, not 5x100, so they won't fit.

All the Prii at local junkyards already jave their wheels gone.

I wonder if it's possible to get 4 Prius spare rims and use those for winter tires (the spare wheels on winter tires, not the spare rubber)?

Still looking if anyone has any leads.

Raytheeagle and Mendel Leisk like this.
  4. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Wow you're right:

2003-2008 Toyota Corolla Wheel, Steel 42611-02471 | McGeorge Toyota Parts

When I bought in 2010 they were $70 (CDN) apiece, in conjunction with a snow tire install package. Maybe they were lightly-used take-offs? Not sure, but they looked brand new.

I don't think there is such a thing as "Prius spare rims". Except temp spare rims, and you don't want those, lol.

5. mpg_numbers_guy

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    1st Gen Honda Insight yellow spare rims weigh ~8lbs vs stock wheels 10.5lbs and can be run on the stock 165/65R14 tires. It's the tire, not the rim, that limits a spare's use. Haven't looked at the Prius' spare rim yet to see how wide it is; 185 width tires are probably too wide to run on spare rims though.

Found a set of Neon alloys for $100, but read on here somewhere that running non-Toyota rims on the Prius risks damaging the setup and/or shearing the lugs off. The two local set of Camry rims are 5x114.5, not 5x100 so they won't work.

If the Prius had a 4x100 bolt pattern or even 5x114.5 finding wheels would be much easier.

TheeWood likes this.
  6. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Aftermarket rims have over-sized one-size-fits-all hub openings. The have to, to suit a variety of cars with different hub diameters. That said, you can get hub adapters, rings with OD per the rim, and ID per the car-specific hub. If you use those then I think you should be ok, have the hub solidly locked, are not stressing the studs.

How about Plug-In Prius rims (part number: 42611-47360), they're maybe more readily available, and they look sweet. :)

Addendum: looks they're as rare as hens teeth too. :(

7. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Maybe @Mendel Leisk will part with his PIP rims in the crawl space shrine:).

Unless Mrs. Leisk has finally blessed their use:love:.

Might be an option (y).

RMB likes this.