1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

15" wheel center caps

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by mr.whit, May 1, 2009.

1. Morgank6

Morgank6 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have the caps on order at the dealership where I bought my car. They charged me $19 per cap, but I had a $50 gift card because of buying through costco, so figured I'd get them there even if I could get them online cheaper. Guy told me they would be in the next day when I ordered them, I went back in 5 days later, and they had ONE of the 4 in, and told me not to expect the other 3 til Aug. 8th. This was rather annoying, so after a bit of complaining, theyre going to just ship them to my house once they get in. I live about 30-40min from the dealership depending on traffic and dont feel like making another trip down there. The one cap I did get looks good though.

-Morgan

2. shiner

shiner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I cannot say how many they will have in stock, but my local dealer sells these caps (42603-52030) on their web site for $11.11 each. I ordered a set of four yesterday and asked them to waive shipping. I was able to pick them up the same day - $47.88 out the door.

With shipping it shouldn't cost over $60. You may want to call ahead first to make sure they have 'em in stock.

Center Caps

3. LRKingII

LRKingII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That's the part number i ordered and they fit perfect.

4. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    im still torn as to whether or not to get the center caps. also, wondering if their is an after market cap (no logo needed) that would fit and where would i look. those are the momentous questions i ponder:confused:

Attached Files:

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Very nice. Looks better that way.

I have a question about the front bumper though. I'm thinking about taking my front license frame holder off and noticed you have some color-coded plugs for the holes. Where can I purchase them?

6. vbarcas

vbarcas New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I ordered the center caps from parts.com. One of them came with the tabs that hold the cap in place, broken. The cap is made of plastic.

Are there any center caps, that fit, made from metal?

7. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just picked up my 42603-52030's from the dealer. They fit perfectly, thanks to everyone here for coming up with the right part number! As someone mentioned before, they are chrome coloured and don't match the rest of the 15" wheel but they do at least match the wheel nuts. In my opinion, this is a much better look than the dorky wheel covers.
    Rubbish camera phone picture attached...

Attached Files:

8. devious1

devious1 Tigers love pepper...

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    --

Hi Moner,

Yes, they are...sorry for the late response...stupied work! I'm glad you are just as happy as I am with the results. :)

Regards,

Ed

9. devious1

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    1 person likes this.
  10. Konnerth

Konnerth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks, Ed. Your White Prius looks great! I'll try to post a picture if I get the stripe added.

---Karl

11. devious1

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    --

Thanks Karl...I'll keep a look out for your pics.

Regards,

Ed

12. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Lol. I think that 'smiling red' would be smiling even more with the center caps.

13. johnbonnie3

johnbonnie3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My dealer is getting them for my 2010; about 15 bucks each

14. greylar

greylar New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The dealer (well the salesman) promised to get me some of these cap about 7 weeks ago. I've been calling him asking where they are and he has been saying they were on backorder. Now he isn't even returning my calls. I'm starting to wonder if he even works there. I finally went to a different dealer and ordered them. They will be here tomorrow.

I would complain but I forgot to include it in the "deal" and remembered right after we signed the paperwork so it was a handshake promise by the salesperson. As a result I don't have much of a leg to stand on in that regard.

As a side note the mats didn't come with the little clips that hook them to the floor, but it did come with the note saying they must be in place. He said he was going to take care of that as well but the other dealer gave them to me for free. I'm starting to think I should have gone with the other dealer on the purchase.

Lesson learned, when you go to buy a new car make sure to have an actual list of written stuff you want included in the sale. And get it in writing.
    G

15. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    well, i did go ahead and order the center caps. should be here in a few days. i think it will look better, if it fits. also i notice that the nut in the middle of the hole is getting a litll rust around it. not much but definitelyl not pretty

16. MarathonMarty

MarathonMarty Prii 4-timer

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Center caps can also be ordered from www metrotpn com (remove the spaces and insert the appropriate symbols) for $11.00 each plus shipping. Fit perfectly!

17. tonyrenier

tonyrenier I grew up, but it's still red!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I too was told part #42603-52110 and have them on order for about 15.00 apiece from my dealer. Hope they work.
    Any feedback appreciated.
    Tony Renier

18. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    well i did it.i sent for center caps part number 42603-52030. what do you think??

Attached Files:

19. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Way better with the center caps. :)

I wonder how they'd look with thin chome trim rings added?

Flat Narrow Chrome Trim Rings Stylish Look, Great Prices, AutoAmenity

Note, that I don't even know if they'll fit on the 2010 15" alloy wheel.

But they did fit on the Gen II Touring 16" alloy wheel and looked fantastic with the chrome center caps and lug nuts on that wheel:

[imglink]http://priuschat.com/forums/members/metagrey-albums-few-changes-picture492-i-removed-plastic-wheel-covers-expose-grey-wheel-then-added-toyota-logo-center-cap-trim-rings.jpg[/imglink]

20. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    yeah that does look good. i think the caps are a good investment and you can get rid of those sillyass plastic wheel covers!