1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

15" wheel center caps

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by mr.whit, May 1, 2009.

1. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Got the trim rings on order, so we'll see how they look soon enough. I have my center caps and like them, they do seem to want for something more. I'll try to post a picture or two of the rings once I get them on.

2 people like this.
  2. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sadly these rings do not fit the Gen III 15" wheel. They would look fantastic with the center caps if you could mount them, but it is not possible. The rim of the wheel is too thick and the clips on the ring will not go on. I spent a while on the phone with the guy from Autoamenity.com. Real nice fellow and very helpful, but between the two of us, we determined pretty much beyond a doubt, that these rings won't fit these wheels. Unfortunately, I had to break one of the rings and scratch up a wheel to find that out... oh well, live and learn.

1 person likes this.
  3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to hear that Rachael. :( But thanks for letting everyone know.

4. kawita

kawita Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks Rachael for biting the bullet on that one, it would have been nice.

Anyone looking for a good price, I got them from Toyota Parts - ToyotaPartsBarn.com for 53.34 shipped.

5. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    got my center caps today and install immediately after work. Then washed the hubcaps adn hung them on the garage wall!

6. mr.whit

mr.whit Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I had my center caps delivered before the new Pearl came, now just to remove the hub caps and all is well! Just a side note I have ordered all my after market parts from www.metrotpn.com , I have been very pleased with all of them!

7. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    bummer! ill bet they would set it off just right. maybe someone will have some that do fit soon.:(

8. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Do you have a part number? It’s not the best site to find devices. I clicked on Prius, Wheels, Covers and Trims, Center Cap and nothing comes up.

[​IMG]

9. kawita

kawita Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The part number is 42603-52030
    It's actually for the 04-06 Prius

10. KJF

KJF Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am considering taking my wheel covers off as well. Questions:
    1. Do the covers add any protection from the elements (specifically the mag chloride or salt used in the winter around here)?
    2. Will road chemicals tarnish the wheels?
    3. If I take the covers off and get the center cap, will I still be able to put the covers back on with the cap in place?

11. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks, I ordered them today.

12. Gen 3 for me

Gen 3 for me Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    1. The covers will probably cause more corrosion. You will clean the wheels better when there are no covers.
    2. Yes. But to slow down corrosion you could add extra clearcoat paint to the backside of the wheels to cover the corners of the spokeswhere corrosion usually starts due to incomplete coverage on the sharp corners of the cross sectional spoke shape. But cover the hub mounting face so as to not get any paint on it. You could also use S-100 motorcycle engine cleaner which has a built in corrosion inhibitor when you wash the wheels in winter and do so at least once a month to help.
    3, No idea.

13. Mt View

Mt View Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    3. I put one of my covers back on to show someone how ugly they were so they do fit over the caps.

2 people like this.
  14. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Did you have to post this..lol..I just put the center caps on and now after seeing your post think they could use the trim rings..Please send $55:)...Oh well, I'll wait till another b'day or something.

15. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Save your $55 - those rings cannot be mounted on the Gen III wheel. Trust me, I found out the hard way.

16. LRKingII

LRKingII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    1 The covers would have a tendancy to trap road gung and would be easier to wash clean without the covers
    2. no idea
    3 yes the covers will go on but the new center cap will put some pressure on the center of the cover and that might just be enough to pop the cover off going down the road and hitting a bump. A work over with a dremal on the center of the cover might help that problem but i'm just leaving covers off, i like the coverless look much better.

1 person likes this.
  17. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Rachael,

Thanks again for biting the bullet and letting everyone know about the fit on the Gen III 15" wheel.

I think our friend lefat1 was referring to his Gen II Touring Edition 16" wheel.

18. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I never did understand KJF's question #3 ... Why, if KJF was going to put the wheel cover back on, would s/he want to leave the center cap on? :confused:

19. LRKingII

LRKingII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    No idea but that's the way i understood it being asked.
    Actually i think if you try to remove them by prying off that since they are plastic you might break a tab off over time. How much time? no idea maybe even first time.
    Best way to remove the caps is to remove the wheel and push the cap off them back side of wheel but man would that be a big PITA

20. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Whoops! My bad. The rings certainly do look good on the Gen II 16" wheel, and although I'm told they're not easy to put on, they do seem to fi :)