1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

150 K maintenance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by djkarrels, Feb 26, 2012.

1. djkarrels

djkarrels beermandave

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi all, if there is another thread on this, please post link and and I'll go from there.

155K on a 2006 prius. Dealer wants to do all sorts of things. They have not steered me wrong yet, but never hurts to check.

What should be done?

What's the next major service to be done after the 150?

Thanks

2. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    At 150k mile (assuming the 100k mile service was done)

• Both coolant loops require fresh Toyota Super Long Life Coolant (a simple drain and refill, not a flush)
    • Check the two main coolant pumps (engine and inverter) for correct operation an no leaks. Make certain that the inverter pump recall was done. I f the engine coolant pump is replaced, also replace the serpentine belt.
    • Engine air and cabin filters
    • Engine oil and oil filter
    • If never done, change out the PCV valve
    • Check how long since the Tranny fluid was drained and refilled. If there is no record, do it now. A 4 qt refill with Toyota type WS ATF should cost about $100. If they recommend a FLUSH, run don't walk to another dealer.
    • Check the status of the brakes (probably still have miles left in them) and clean out the rear drum brakes.
    The next major maintenance is at 200k miles when you should again do the coolant and change out the spark plugs (they should be replaced every 100k miles with iridium plugs). The air filters should be replaced at 30k mile intervals.

1 person likes this.