1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

$151 Optima battery free shipping

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by cnschult, Mar 17, 2012.

1. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    there is also a $25 rebate if you buy b/t April 1st and May 31st for you and anyone else, just go to optima website and you will find it, this was brought to my attention by another priuschatter (I forget who) so I can't take the credit for this find, also if you join ebates.com you will get at least an additional 6% cash back for purchases from advanceautoparts.com

2. ggcc

ggcc Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here is the additional $25.00 Rebate form.

Attached Files:

3. ski.dive

ski.dive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    JUST ORDERED MY OPTIMA FROM ADVANCED AUTO, USED THE BIG50 CODE.

WITH THIS ADDITIONAL $25 REBATE, IT WILL ONLY COST ME $125

WHAT A GREAT DEAL!!!:cheer2:

4. Jay-P

Jay-P New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just ordered mine! Thanks OP!

Does anyone know if a wiring/harness kit for this is needed to be installed into a 2005 Pri? The site said its a direct fit but I remember reading somewhere that a kit was needed to replace the OEM wiring. Anyone know?

5. pillowsplat1

pillowsplat1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    FU! Dar Cars Frederick MD. They wanted $255 + tax or $267.00. And don't worry I will tell them right to their face. They did the same thing with the bulbs. That got resolved via the class action suit.
    Advance $160.05 delivered to MD - $25 Rebate or $135. Still to much for a battery. But what is a tree hugger to do. The local battery guy said he might have a Miata sized battery that would work but I don't have the inclination to deterimine if it is safe. I survived the 70's I don't need to go down on battery fumes in the cabin. I did just recently read a blog how the Prius has a larger carbon footprint to produce and run vs a Hummer. Interesting article probably true. who knows.
    Any way thanks to the OP for the BIG50

6. pillowsplat1

pillowsplat1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just as a heads up.
    There are a couple of different coupon options available. One for $30 coupon + $50 gift card AP20.
    **OR**
    the $50 instant coupon BIG50.
    Plus there is a friend reffered me for $10.

So poke around before you pull the trigger.

7. bdifr78

bdifr78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmm...

They seem to be out of stock online and don't honor online coupons in store.

8. Pereyra

Pereyra Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I just discovered that too. Only quantity of '0' is valid. Maybe they will get some more in soon, hope the $50 off continues for a while!

9. Pereyra

Pereyra Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ..just discovered the BIG50 promo code is good til 4/30. Should give them time to get more in stock. And the $25 rebate good thru then also!

10. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You're welcome

You're welcome.
    There was an older Optima battery people used to get and then had to order a "kit" to modify it to vent out the side of the car, this newer one does not require it. I was not happy with the thick plastic handle of the new optima sitting on top of the battery so I forced that off to the side of the battery. I hooked my charger up to my new optima at 2amps and within one minute my charger shut off, "Battery full" thanks Advance Auto, my battery date code was 4/12 so obviously they are flying off the shelves as quickly as johnston controls can make them.

You're welcome.

How did you find out when the expiration date for Advance Auto coupons is? I used a $35 off $85 coupon but was unsuccessful a second time as it was a one per customer use only, all other advance auto coupons I have used multiple times. I ordered 4 struts, 4 bellows and 4 strut mounts for my corolla, i received everything but 1 strut mount as advance auto was out of stock, 2 days later it came back in stock, so hang in there guys you'll get your battery before the coupon and rebate ends, don't forget join eBates.com and you get at least 6% cash back on everything from advance auto.

11. Pereyra

Pereyra Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ..I found the exp date on one of those 'promo code' search sites. Some list them, some don't. I also just ordered the battery, back in stock online!
    I had a little chat last night online with an Advance auto 'chat' guy, was like talking to the wall, not much help, all he could tell me is they were out of stock. Anyway go get em while they're hot!

12. Pereyra

Pereyra Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Update on the battery order... just received an order cancellation email from Advance Auto. I called and it seems there are only 2 in the "online" warehouse and 72 orders. Meaning there will be another 69 cancellation emails going out. The bad part is, there are plenty of them in the warehouses for the stores, but they will not ship online orders from those warehouses, I tried. he did say the store managers have authority to honor online discounts at their discretion. None of my stores have any in stock, so it would have to be ordered. I guess i will try that and see what happens. He also checked on the expiration of the 'BIG50' code, and said it expires in December. Not sure on that one but that's what he said. Anyway, back on the hunt for my battery... BTW, he said the item is not discontinued so should be restocked, just doesn't know when.

13. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    that's sucks because the 12% ebates cash back for advance auto coupon is back on today. Most online retailers won't cancel your order if the item(s) are not in stock, they will simply ship it out when it does come in stock.

But don't fret, it seems Advance Auto coupons are good for a long time and the $25 Optima rebate goes on thru May 31st, so give Johnston Controls a little time to meet up with demand.

I bought this thing called the Turtlewax Black Box Kit, advance auto had it for $21, I bought a couple and then the price went down to $19, so advance auto may lower the price for something that moves well, so by the time the battery comes back in stock the price may be lower than $200.99.

14. Pereyra

Pereyra Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Update again.. I went to my local Advance Auto store this morning with the printouts of my order and cancellation. Talked to the store manager and he gave me the same deal with the $50 off. they have to order it, but no hurry here. They are still making a 'slim' profit on it, so thay agreed to the deal. I assume they will be back in stock online before too long, but figured I'd just get it done now. So if you follow this route, I'd print out the checkout page from web site to take with you.

Thanks all..

15. olerox

olerox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I ordered the DS46B24R from Advance Auto 2 days ago and was happy that both the VISA50 and the BIG50 codes were acceptable and I printed the Optima $25 rebate. I'm all happy and was ready to install it on Saturday... Yesterday I got an AAP email saying battery shipped with a UPS tracking #. Me = happy. Today I got an email "This email confirms that you returned the item(s) shown below. A credit for $149.99 has been applied to your VISA". Crap-ski.

I just called and spoke with a nice AAP rep who placed a new order thru her system, she confirmed the warehouuse had 'plenty' and even asked a manager to OK UPS 2 day shipping as a courtesy.

We have no AAP retail stores here. So my fingers are crossed and my Saturday is dedicated to the install hopefully.

Oh and thanks a ton to OP "cnschult" for this great time to jump on discount and rebate!

16. olerox

olerox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Today UPS delivered the Optima battery which has a 5/12 sticker and a 12.64v charge. Poorly packaged, UPS driver said "I dont what this is but you might complain at how poorly this is boxed". It was the raw battery sliding around in a thin cardboard, oversized box with one bubble-pack.

Anyway, I'm glad to have the Optima at a great price. If anyone else has their order canceled from AAP, you might try the 'call a rep' route.

17. stillageek

stillageek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My Optima from AAP was also in a crappy box. My UPS driver said he noted the poor packaging of the box before he brought it too my door. I guess it was a CYA on his part. Worked fine. Mine was $142 after rebate, $50 off and $8 discover bonus cash back.

18. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't forget the $25 optima rebate!!!

19. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm super happy to help everyone out with getting an optima battery on the cheap.
    You can show your gratitude by going to the Fred's House of Pancake forum and answering my question about how to lube lawnmower wheel gears. Or you can just answer it here since this thread has been pretty much beaten to death:

bottom line the manual says to use gear oil just as you would in a differential on a AWD or 4x4 or even RWD vehicle but I don't own any of those and it would take a thousand years of lawnmowing my lawn to use a whole bottle so here is what I do have lying around:
    synthetic and conventional 5w30
    silicon spray and WD-40 (I already know these are too thin to last more than a month)
    bike chain lube
    brake caliper lube (I don't think I need something that temperature resistant)

any help would be greatly appreciated

20. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Gear oil is typically 85 or 90 weight. That is much heavier than the other products that are "lying around". Hence you should expect that if you use these other products your lawnmower wheel gears will either require more frequent lubrication or will wear faster than normal.