1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

17inch rims with Tanabe DF210 lower spring, Can you open passenger side doors without any problem?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by brozroy, Mar 22, 2011.

1. brozroy

brozroy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Im going to get Tanabe DF210.

I put 17 inch scion rims on my car.

Is there any problem opening passenger side doors on sidewalk?

Did you guys have any problems?

Thanks

2. green4u

green4u New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: 17inch rims with Tanabe DF210 lower spring, Can you open passenger side doors without any proble

No you'll only be lowering an inch at most. You either have to have a nasty tall curb or be seriously slammed on coils to have any issues.

3. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Re: 17inch rims with Tanabe DF210 lower spring, Can you open passenger side doors without any proble

No matter what, obviously still be aware of the curbs your parking next to. The DF210's are a 1.3" drop in front and a 1.6" in the rear so closer to a 1 1/2" drop all around. I have the same ones and it sits the car pretty low. Will be switching to coils this summer mostly to get the front stance to sit where I want it. Not to mention, they are built with lowering in mind as opposed to the stock struts and shocks and will provide an even nicer ride. Have to say overall though, I love my Tanabe's.