1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1981 ITV documentary about global warming

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by bwilson4web, May 5, 2017.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can't be true...Global Warming was not known at that time.
    That's why blue state attorney's general are suing corporate American for hiding the truth.
    Actually I wrote a high school term paper in 1971 where I flooded out Florida by Year 2000.
    Further actually, Arrhenius popularized Global Warming starting around 1890..

bwilson4web likes this.
  3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I knew about CO{2} and what it did to Venus back in the 1960s so it never occurred to me that it wasn't an accepted fact . . . except by the anti-floride water nuts. I still find it hard to take seriously the counter claims and am amused when someone tries to say wind and solar are too expensive so we have to (or should) burn fossil fuels.

I'm fairly sanguine because nature doesn't really care about the opinions of our species. The best we can do is change our opinions to match nature but that is no sure bet either. After all, Jonestown, Heavens Gate, and other suicide groups have and no doubt will continue to exist for their short lives.

Bob Wilson