1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

199.99mpg

Discussion in 'Prime Fuel Economy & EV Range' started by muleman, Feb 4, 2018.

1. muleman

muleman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Ok so I have 1300+ miles on half a tank of fuel and all my trips are maxed at 199.99. I kinda wish it would go to 999.99 so I can keep this going to show people. An other way to track this besides manually calculation ?

priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  2. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Screenshot_20180204-233719.png
    Yup, trade your Premium in for an Advanced:D

benagi likes this.
  3. muleman

muleman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    To me the 3000 extra was not worth it. I would have like the JBL upgrade and heated steering wheel tho. I pretty sure a scan gauge does 1500 mpg but I don't want any cables.

4. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Bluetooth ODBII app only has a dongle and your phone. Lots of reading here.

muleman and priuscatprimeguy like this.
  5. JamesBurke

JamesBurke Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    App needs to be connected via Bluetooth all the time. ODBII CAN to Bluetooth device has no memory to retain data. SCII does retain data on fuel usage and mileage. On the other hand the app can log all sorts of data the SCII only displays. None of them see the CAN traffic that happens while the car is "off" and the OBDII is powered down.

muleman and Mark57 like this.
  6. muleman

muleman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thank you guys. I had a scangauge on my 2008 corolla when i was hyper-milling. Think I did like 54mpg . It would be cool if Toyota did a software update, but I know they probably will not.

7. Halls1030

Halls1030 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So are you guys saying that on an Advanced model the trip odometer should show 999.9?

I have an Advanced and mine only shows 199.9 when driving EV only... are you guys saying this is incorrect on something that can be fixed?

I show the 999.9 on the Entune app but just curious if I’m just completely mistaken altogether on the ability of the car to show anything more than the 199.9?

8. walterm

walterm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    No, what he meant is that the 'Eco Dashboard' (part of the Prime apps) which shows your mileage up to 999.9 MPG is only available with the Advanced. There's no in-car display difference.

Halls1030 and benagi like this.
  9. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I also feel disappointed that the car's engineers didn't allow the display to go beyond 199.9mpg. I have the Advanced, but no phone or apps to take advantage of a higher (near) actual readout. No matter, though. I likely wouldn't be able to achieve a higher reading by knowing what it might be, beyond the 199.9. My driving style is mostly sedate anyway, and driving three Prii for nine years now I've figured out how to obtain the higher MPG's. And, really, if does read 199.9, and is likely much much higher, don't I already know I've got a great car and a great driving routine to best just about every other vehicle on the road anywhere near me? I am more than satisfied that the car can deliver the incredible things it is designed for. I had to use about 20 miles of gas today, but it still reads out as 199.9. Not bad.

benagi likes this.