1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1st E-Supercharged Prius Build, WIP/doesn't work......

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by 2ZR JDM, Mar 17, 2017.

1. TheChip

TheChip Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It has to be there for the ICE engine to control the fuel mixture, but I don't know if anyone has ever been able to adjust it properly.

With an electric motor, it would of course be electronic control for the wattage it's putting out, but again I don't know of anyone whos been able to modify it.

2. offib

offib Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Ahh I meant like an ECU upgrade. A sports chip. Every car has a stock one of course. Still, a sports chip for a Prius sounds like vapourware. We know that only the TRD engineers over a decade ago managed to hack into them.

On electrical input one dude on priuschat made a solid contactor shunt under the inverter lid and improved 0-60 before blowing a safety fuse. But it did work, it allowed more amps to flow to MG2. I'm losing track of all of the threads here, is it this one? lol

3. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Really weird, here in Norway the CT200H does it in 8 seconds...

And the prius from what i know, have not been successfully programmed yet, the car denies any modification to the ECU. I have talked with a tuning shop here in Norway, that said they could tune it to 165hp for 300 dollars. But when i waited for 6 months to then send them a message again, they denied to have said anything like that... And when i sent them screenshots of the message where they said they could do it they completely denied that also... Weird...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then they denied to have said it 6 months later...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Closest u get to tuning on the prisu as for now, until some chinese team finds out how to hack it, is installing this fake "tuner" in the OBD port LMAO. (People who buy actually thinks its working aswell LOL, all it does is stealing power from the OBD port to blink a LED light to make u think its doing something LOL)
    Nitro OBD2 Performance Chip Tuning Box Plug and Drive For Gasoline Petrol Cars | eBay

offib likes this.
  4. RightOnTime

RightOnTime Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Me and TheChip already went that route with a discussion for some sort of ECU modding to squeeze more power out of the Prius. KUHL Racing has a piggyback ECU that cost upwards of $900 for the Prius. Unfortunately it has not been tested in the US market.

Don't want to have a $900 Brick sitting at my house to remind me of the $$$ lost

iPhone ?

SFO likes this.
  5. Nopho4u

Nopho4u Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    link to this item

SFO likes this.
  6. Nopho4u

Nopho4u Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    son?

m.wynn likes this.
  7. Abarnabe

Abarnabe Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    [QUOTE="2ZR JDM, post: 251204
    [/QUOTE]
    Have you tried to decrease the boost to 50% or lower and see if it still shuts down?