1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1st experience being viewed as a smug prius owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kstorey, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jendbbay @ Feb 3 2007, 01:04 AM) [snapback]384776[/snapback]</div>
    Everyone knows the car is the safest place to be in a lightning storm. But it's not because it's not grounded. The tires would have to be something like half a mile thick to do that. It's safe because it's a Faraday cage. When you're surrounded completely by metal, outside electricity can not touch you. So if you have a fiberglass car, I guess you're in trouble.

As for touching your door - that's the best thing you can do. When you rub your butt against your seat, your car is transferring all those excited electrons to you. When you touch the door, you're just giving them back.

2. _echo

_echo Junior Member

I always thought that removing the gas cap with the engine on (ready mode for us) would result in a DTC. after all, there IS a DTC that is triggered when the gas cap is loose (This was even in ODB1 cars if I remember properly.)