1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1st tank

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by mremaximus, Jul 8, 2012.

1. mremaximus

mremaximus "I can't wait to start hammering people" Bubbles

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I just re-filed last night and calculated fuel economy was a whopping 57.50 :) I could have done better as well, I was thinking about engine/breaking system breakin than the max fuel economy. Amazing car!

2. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Have you discovered the center arm rest yet?

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good job. After a few thousand miles of break in and getting aquatinted with the car you'll be posting 60mpg+ tanks! Well, until winter comes. LOL

4. eldersciii

eldersciii C3PO

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I too just filled up for the very first time. 47.4mpg on fuelly vs. 46.7 by the car. We are just leaning how to "glide" and all these Prii terms but we also used the A/c the whole time as its 90* + here in NorCal. And on the trip home have 2, 1 mile long hills at a 8% grade. I live in a very hilly area though. We did drive across town to Roseville ca, about 40 min from my home and we averaged 68.7mpg for that trip. 53 mpg on the way back. Our trip to SF and back got us 50.3 with the a/c on the whole way doing 65 to 70 and 1 hour of rush hour SF traffic. No ac needed in SF. It was a wonderful 60* on the coast.

5. mremaximus

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I filled up my 2nd tank this morning, 60.29 mpg (y) I've been forgetting to check how it compares to the display. I use an iphone app roadtrip, which is pretty cool. I already have 951 miles on the car and I've only had it 2 weeks.

6. BlackPC2

BlackPC2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Can't wait until I get to fill up and calculate mpgs vs the dash display. I have 3 more bars left of my first tank of dealer supplied gas.

7. BlackPC2

BlackPC2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

Got 60 MPG hand calculated and 56.9 displayed on the dash!

mremaximus likes this.
  8. mremaximus

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Nice, it's so awesome to get this kind of mileage!

9. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For those of you getting a calculated number higher than displayed, I would suggest tossing out your first dealership fillip. They are very unreliable. The dealer doesn't always fill the tank and many people forget to reset trip meters and such before driving off. I have yet to see anyone have a 5% or higher mpg error in favor of the hand calculated unless it was on their first tank which was supposedly filled by the dealer. :)

10. BlackPC2

BlackPC2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I did forget to reset the trip prior to driving it off the lot so the dash mileage display does include the miles that were on the car prior to me driving it off the lot. However I made sure note of the exact mileage when I got in the car and I know how many gallons I had to put in on fill up, so I know my calculated number were correct. I reset the trip on my recent fill up so this time around I can get an exact comparison for dash mileage vs hand calculated. I will post my results on my next fill up.

11. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good deal. I have a feeling you're going to get excellent fuel economy once you get used to Erving the car so that 60mpg tanks become commonplace. :) Congrats on the new car!

BlackPC2 likes this.