1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2.5 hour install of Integrated XM + Auto door lock

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by efusco, Aug 18, 2004.

1. mboileau

mboileau New Member

Htmlspinnr, I think I read that as well, but I'd have to LET GO of the wheel and REACH OVER to press the AM button. That's way too much work for me. :D What can I say. If I were watching a TV arm's reach from me, I'd still use the remote....

2. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You're right Rick. I've got Jon's XM and no voice recognition with Pkg 7.

You can push the AM button beneath the radio to access Sat1, Sat2 and Sat3 for the corresponding screen of six presets per screen.

Sound quality wise, it seems quite superior to the Delphi Sky fi which I have wired direct into my home stereo and used it in conjunction with an FM mod in my previous vehicle.

One thing I do wish that Jon's XM had is a channel scroll up/down touch screen button on the MFD and a button on the steering wheel. Currently, to do a scroll you have to use the mechanical radio knob but that's no big deal.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    mboileau,
    Thanks, I figured out the source of my confusion...I'd tried scrolling through the channels early on before programming the presets. I knew what the MODE did, but didn't realize I could scroll through the presets with the arrow buttons, which is pretty convenient...you don't have to mess with the MFD at all.

Thanks for the help.

Randalla,
    You do realize, don't you, that "Jon's XM" is not something he's produced. It's the XM kit for the Solara...the same thing Coastal Dave sends out or that you can go buy from your Toyota Parts department. It isn't really something he can modify the functionality of, he just provides the instructions for install and the bracket he made to hold it in place.

4. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yep, I know that Evan. I just referred to it as Jon's XM but I fully realize that is a plug & play Toyota option (for other Toyota products for now at least...)

I was just adding my own personal wish list to what I would like to see added to make the unit a bit more versatile than how it currently comes. BTW, Jon uses super heavy duty 3m two sided sticky pads to adhere the head unit to the inside of the right rear quarter panel. That thing is in there rock solid!

Randy

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Rick, I haven't noticed any compression issues like you're describing in the 2 years that I've had XM. I now use a Roady that is plugged in directly to my HU via RCA, and before that used the tape adapter. Perhaps before making the $700 plunge you should check out the $100ish Roady and try it for awhile. If you and your wife both like it, put the Roady in the Classic & get the MFD integrated one for your 04 :)