1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2 days - 930 miles - 53.1 MPG

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by nyconrad, Nov 16, 2006.

1. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    We just returned from our first road trip (round trip Long Island to south of Richmond VA) with our Prius.
    The mileage was great. I averaged 65 - 73mph most of the way (I let cruise control do most of the work).

The biggest drawback was the seat. Not having the ability to angle the seat to provide leg support was a real pain (literally - my legs and hips would start aching after a couple of hours). Contributing to that was not having the ability to vary the seating position very much to take various strains off the body from sitting for hours at a stretch.

While driving, we made the decision to install the BT plate in the near future and upgrade the tires.

Overall, the wife and I agree that it was a very good decision to buy the Prius and are looking forward to putting many miles on it!

2. cobra94563

cobra94563 Junior Member

Someone raised the front of the seat frame with a few washers..
    Maybe that would help.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cobra9 @ Nov 16 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]350494[/snapback]</div>
    Be vary careful about the integrity of the seat mount. You don't want the bolts to shear in a crash.

Tom

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nyconrad @ Nov 16 2006, 05:51 PM) [snapback]350312[/snapback]</div>
    What sort of build are you? That seems to play a big role in seat comfort for the Prius, but I'm still trying to understand what body size works best.

Tom

4. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Maybe if the seats were shaped more like this

[​IMG]

they'd feel better on long trips. I know in my old Volvo, similar to the pic, after 10 or 12 hours I was ready to keep driving, but I don't feel that way in the Prius. I have a few more miles on me now than I did two years ago, though, so it may not be a fair comparison. But the seats do seem kind of flat in the Prius.

5. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Nov 16 2006, 11:18 PM) [snapback]350680[/snapback]</div>
    I would rather use a pillow or something under the legs than mess with the integrity of the seat mount. I'm 6' 220lbs. and my wife is 5'6" 140lbs???. This is pretty much the first Toyota that I have this problem with. I previously had 2 Camry's, Previa, Corolla, and Sienna. The Prius seating position almost gives the impression of having to hold your body back with your legs to stop from sliding/falling forward.

We've had the car for 4 months and have had no real discomfort with the usual 30 - 45 minute drives that are our typical, but I would love to find a wedged pillow that is about 2 1/2" high that could be used for added comfort.