1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2 Months With My Gen 2

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Jonnydwolf, Dec 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Jonnydwolf

Jonnydwolf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Prius Enthusiasts!

In October, I purchased a used 2004 Prius with 219,000 miles. I really do appreciate the comfort and economy the car provides, I feel like if I take care of this vehicle, it will last another 100K miles for me! Whenever I get a new car, I have a habit of picking it apart and slowly sorting maintenance items. Many times I find that if I just leave well enough alone, I might have been better off. But what fun is that, right?

Here is a picture of the beauty:
    pripri.jpg

In case you're wondering, those are brand new Michelin X-ICE snow tires adjacent to the front passenger side. I intend to drive this baby up the mountain this winter, looking forward to skiing and hoping this Prius will be safe.

Other than that, this is my daily driver, and as I eluded to earlier, I like keeping my cars in good running order, this one is no exception.

Things that have been done (I feel like I need to brag about my low hanging fruit maintenance completion for some reason):

- Oil
    - Oil Filter
    - Spark plug replacement
    - PCV Valve and line replaced
    - Throttle housing cleaned, new gasket
    - New 12V Battery (OEM)
    - Drain and replace transmission fluid (Toyota fluid)
    - Drain, replace, burp, bleed, burp, bleed, burp coolant (Toyota coolant)
    - Blinker fluid replacement
    - Windshield wiper fluid
    - New catalytic convertor (OEM)

The car runs very well, it makes it little noises and beeps and does other silly little Prius things, but so far off to a good start, other than the catalytic convertor being stolen at the mall in a well-lit "safe" area.

Look forward to digging in here and answering questions if able.

Best regards, J

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats on a great Christmas present, the 2004 is an absolute tank, should make it to a half million miles. looks like a beauty, all the best!(y)

Jonnydwolf likes this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Let me know if you ever want to get into hybrid battery pack work... I live an hour north of Oregon and have met great people near me thanks to Prius Chat. Also is it the original battery? Or rebuilt one, or brand new OEM pack?

Jonnydwolf likes this.
  4. Jonnydwolf

Jonnydwolf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi PriusCamper,
    It’s a 4 year old OEM pack with about 55K miles on it. I’ll let you know if it ever needs help. Thanks, J

jerrymildred likes this.