1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2 people connected on bluetooth does not work well

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by nategold, Mar 7, 2016.

1. nategold

nategold Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So I connected my iPhone fine to the car. Then I connected my wife's. Select mine, everything fine with bluetooth streaming. But when she gets in the car it always connects to her phone for bluetooth streaming even though mine was the last one connected. Totally obnoxious, so I deleted her.

2. mshoo1

mshoo1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Experiencing the same thing. Similar to my wife's Lexus, it connects with whatever phone it "sees" first.

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    In the bluetooth settings menu, can you select one phone as the primary to avoid this?

4. nategold

nategold Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No fotomoto you cannot.

5. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    WOW, major oversight there. Let's hope that's fixed in an update.

6. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Same as a Gen 3 then. Attempts to connect to last phone used. Can be annoying if my phone is within BT range when she takes the car out next. It's pretty easy to switch and is one of the few things that can be done while in the car is in motion. Is it a BT thing that doesn't allow 2 devices connected simultaneously?

7. nategold

nategold Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No it does **not** try to connect to the last phone used. That would be the desired behavior. Read my original post.

8. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I read it as something is wrong with your phone. I don't have a suggestion for a fix. Just mentioning that it's unfortunate the new Prius can't connect to 2 phones at the same time and no way to set primary. So same as Gen 3.

9. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    With our 3rd gen, will only connect to one phone, even tho both ours are registered. Switching which is a royal pain so we don't bother. Frustrating.

10. nategold

nategold Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It is definitely not something wrong with the phone, but how the Prius connects and fails to remember which phone it was last connected to last.

11. Renee17

Renee17 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've had this problem, but in addition when there are two phones connected they both are playing music or podcasts. With both playing you can't understand anything. Took it to the dealer. They deleted one phone and it worked for a while. The next time two phones were connected it wouldn't let me delete the secondary phone so I had to delete both phones. Then it wouldn't let me add any phone. After two days of that the Bluetooth Audio button completely disappeared. It occasionally comes on for 15 seconds when I first turn on the care, but then it disappears. Any solutions?