1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2 Questions: Two Phone Bluetooth? & Playing iPhone 5 through USB Port?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rorystewart, Jan 8, 2014.

1. rorystewart

rorystewart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hoping you can answer these questions:

(FYI I have the base/entry level nav/display system)

1.) Can you sync multiple phone's to the car over bluetooth? It would be nice to have the ability to have someone else's phone play music over bluetooth but the system wasn't giving me the option to add their phone. Am I missing something?

2.) As an alternative I tried to plug in the person's phone into the USB port with their iPhone cable but we couldn't get the music to play that way either. Does it only work with iPods? The source interestingly enough was called iPod in the car but when I clicked on it it just said "loading" for 10 minutes before we gave up.

Thanks in advance!

2. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    You can synch a phone as a phone and a different phone as a music player.

3. afob3

afob3 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    ^^ Exactly. I have a 4 year old basic phone hooked up as phone. My work issued Galaxy S4 is setup as a music player. I can run pandora off of it or mp3's. This leaves the USB port available for audio books since the USB picks up wherever I leave off.

4. rorystewart

rorystewart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm still confused why when I plugged in an iPhone 5s into the USB port I couldn't get anything to play. The Prius screen just said "loading" the entire time and never acutally loaded anything.

5. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have seen such issue before and basically its solve by the below

1. reset the phone. Power off and On
    2. This requires more work. U need itunes to clean out and reset the phone to factory defaults and load in your contacts and music.

if about 2 ways failed, its a system issue. But before doing number 2, try a different Apple device or go to the dealership to get them try it.

to add
    you can connect 2 Bluetooth phones.
    1 over Handsfree or phone and another as a Music streaming device.