1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2 Tone Paint Scheme ? Anybody do it Gen III ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by New_Yorker, May 8, 2010.

1. New_Yorker

New_Yorker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Same Problem as the Taxi. The area between the front bumper and the leading edge of the hood should be white, not red. Then apply a blue 1/2 stripe to separate the two, and you get what I envision.:)

2. New_Yorker

New_Yorker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hey, don't get me wrong, I like driving my 'Wedgie', but if you doubt it looks like one park yours next to a Corvette sometime and compare the two.

I have lived long enough to have experienced many of the automakers ideas over the years. I liked when interiors had numerous choices, mostly NOT Mud Tones designed to hide the remnants of America's Fast Food industry.

Now that car shapes have little choice but to become super slippery, the use of colors and moldings to make them more interesting makes sense. :)

3. Aegison

Aegison Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Here's a 2-tone Fusion Hybrid -- dark grey over silver:

[​IMG]

I've been thinking about a 2-tone on mine which is blue -- I'd add silver, but haven't worked out the scheme yet. Of course, can't do it as it's a lease ... or at least I shouldn't ...

4. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I hate to say this but:
    I really like that blue stripe you put on your car.
    Yet after all this cheese-talk, I have to admit that it emphasizes the "wedgieness" of the car from that line on down.
    When I'm just looking at the car as a whole, and not focusing on that "break line" on the doors and fenders, I see it as a smooth futuristic shape.

So, if you want to two-tone your car to break up the wedge, maybe you should do it along some other line that does not emphasize that feature.