1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2 x 12" Kenwood Subs and 750w Inverter

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by PhazonPhobe, Aug 25, 2011.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok cool. That is the amp that I used to show you how much real wattage you are putting to the subs which is approx. 240w to each one for a total wattage of 480w. Not 1000w.

Do you know the ohm rating for each sub? If they are 4ohm then by putting the wires together like you have done would drop the amp load to 2ohm bridged and it doesn't state whether that amp can handle that load so that may be why your amp tries to shut down. When you bridge an amp it is almost like cutting the ohm load in half again so theoretically it could be sitting at a 1ohm load which your amp does not handle well. The specs on the amp claim a 2-ohm stereo capability which means it cannot handle a 2ohm bridged load. :(

If your subs are 8ohm/ea. then you are presenting a 4ohm bridged load to the amp which is should be able to handle.

2. PhazonPhobe

PhazonPhobe His name is Sora

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. PhazonPhobe

PhazonPhobe His name is Sora

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So you are running a 2 ohm load on that amp. It is not designed to run that load in a bridged mode so that explains the over load issue.

I 'venever heard of Almari amplifiers. If it is legit then you will have 750 watts to divide between your subs. That is pretty close to the rated power for those subs. It would be a good match if it is a decent amps and not a cheap knock off like Rockwood or something goofy like that. If you are unsure I always suggest taking the cover off and looking at the circuit board inside.