1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2 yr 25,000 free maintenance

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Oakmont, Apr 9, 2010.

1. hbark

hbark Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The dealer told me it could be done at any Toyota dealer.

1 person likes this.
  2. vajeep

vajeep New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Premium pre paid maintenance program was included in my deal. I was a return Toyota customer.

3. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    According to my dealer, I have three years free maintenance: one from dealer and two from Toyota. I am a repeat Toyota/Prius owner.

4. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No free maintaince here.

Even my bro works at toyota you don't get free mantaince, will get a discount though.

We can get things done for free but it won't be registered by toyota therefore will not be put into service books.

I am just going to do my own thing and every 10,000 miles I will have toyota service it for me and charge me so they will warrant their warranties. I've already changed oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter at 3,000 miles, and roated my tires yesterday.
    This week I will change the oil filter again since I am now at 6,000 and will only need to top up the oil.

5. cupidchild

cupidchild Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I am in NJ. (East Coast)
    I bought Prius 2010 on 3/24/2010 - dealer didn't mention anything about Free service.

I bought another Prius on 4/19/2010 at different dealer in NJ.
    Dealer mentioned that there is 2 yr Free service. To bring my Prius @ 5k mile for free oil change. And I asked about my other car I purchase in March and they told me that is Nationwide thing for all Toyota vehicle purchased.

But I'm thinking is, may be only certain dealership want to acknowledge it and some other dealership may not offer it...

I don't know what the true story is but I'm getting 2 yr free service (5k interval) on both of my cars...

For the 2nd dealer that offered 2 yr service,
    I signed and received a copy of Toyota Auto Care
    Prepaid Maintenance Program Application which stated
    2 yr 25k miles Premium Coverage Level.

6. alexprius

alexprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My dealer told me that I would get some card in the mail for this free maintenance, is this correct?

I don't see anything anywhere in the contract and I did question them at the time of sale and they said it's automatic and I should be getting something in the mail. Did I get ripped off?

7. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Looks like another poster got it, see post #18 in this thread.

8. cupidchild

cupidchild Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The full story seems to be:
    3/15/2010 - If you purchased Toyota vehicle and had existing Toyota in your household they would have given you this premium service free (2 yr 25k)

4/5/2010 and onward -> Toyota b/c of bad PR, expanded this to all NEW Toyota buyers to offer FREE 2 yr service regardless of if they previously owned a Toyota or not.

9. dejongj

dejongj Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In the UK the campaign is now 3 years 50k miles included servicing...

I don't like to use the word FREE as lets face it, it won't be free you are paying for it somehow ;-) For example, they could reduce the price of the vehicle....

10. MUTaylor

MUTaylor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I purchased a Prius yesterday and got free the 2 year/25,000. The dealer also give my 3 years free oil changes.