1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2001 brake booster assembly

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by ChrisLynn, Mar 18, 2012.

1. ChrisLynn

ChrisLynn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My abs light & warning sound have been going off. Dealer indicates an internal short requires whole assembly ("brake booster assy.") be replaced as whole brake system will shut down soon. Price they quoted for part & labor is $1900, which is mostly for the part. They indicated I might be able to find the part cheaper on eBay. I find what appears to be a range from $77-$1100, but I don't really know if this is what I'm looking for. Is anyone able to confirm that these parts are the same thing (obviously, I like $77 better than $1100) & are in fact what I should be looking for?
    OK, apparently I can't post hyperlinks yet, but I searched eBay for "2001 Prius brake booster." if anyone can shed some light on this for me, I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks!

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Call Eric aka Freidawg. He has the most Gen 1 parts of anyone that I know of.

1-800-508-2211
    Adopt A Part

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

It's probably safest to go by part number. You can go to any of the Toyota dealers who list on partswebsite.com. You can browse for parts (don't just look under Brakes, look also in Electrical -> ABS components). partswebsite doesn't show you part numbers, but it lets you search by them, so if an ebay listing has a part number you can look it up here and make sure it's the right part.

You can also check on toyodiy.com, which gives you part numbers (but it's not an official dealer site, so you might check those part numbers against a partswebsite dealer too).

-Chap

4. ChrisLynn

ChrisLynn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thank you!

5. ChrisLynn

ChrisLynn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius