1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2001 Catalytic questions

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by polyrocks, Nov 13, 2009.

1. windshearalert

windshearalert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ahh bob, hello my friend!
    Here is exactly what i ordered:

http://www.catalyticconverterwareho...FI&subcatid=5808@@CATALYTIC+CONVERTER&mode=PA

Eastern Model 40544

Seems they are a bit higher than they were a while back. I caught mine on sale. THis is the exact one i ordered. It was very well built and just about as heavy as the OEM unit that was removed. Inner matrix was a very very fine mesh and same as OEM. Until installed with no problems and muffler shop welded it up less than 10 minutes i was out the door. I haven't had a lick of trouble with it for almost 10k miles.

Just FYI, the converter, OEM or this model is very rugged construction. And quite heavy for its size.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Excellent!

New O{2} sensors too?

One thing I noticed at the web site was a recommendation to check for what might have killed the OEM converter. Any speculations or a diagnosis?

Bob Wilson

3. windshearalert

windshearalert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Personally Bob, I think the O2 sensors were the problem and the Cat was fine. I swear, when cat was removed it was very very clean. No debris in Mesh, no soot, No heat damage. I think the codes were from work out Post cat O2 sensor not being within range anymore.
    I will have to look up the O2 sensor info for you. I ordered them direct replacemnt from Oriley auto parts. I want to say they both were roughly $175 or so. Car had approx 200K miles on em, so they had a good lifespan.

1 person likes this.