1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2001 Prius - Aftermarket rear lower sway bar?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by statultra, Sep 24, 2018.

1. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I have a 01 Prius, I would like to modify the rear to take out Toyota's original sway bar and put in one that is a bit more stiffer. Does anyone know if they have a lower sway bar for the Prius? any other car from Toyota has one that would work?

2. Itsmeonprius

Itsmeonprius Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    Active
  3. mroberds

mroberds Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know that they will fit, but you might look to see if anybody offers one for an Echo or a Yaris - especially an early-2000s model - which are at least of a similar size to the Gen1.

It might pay to measure yours, buy a ticket to the you-pull-it junkyard, and spend some quality time underneath early-2000s Toyotas (and Lexus?) to see if you can find something close. Even if the bar itself is junk, you can probably at least measure the mounting points on the car. That way you're only out a few bucks for getting into the yard, rather than a lot of bucks on a bar that might not fit.

4. 2002_Pri_Rod

2002_Pri_Rod Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you ever find a sway bar upgrade? I have been trying to get some of the away out of my 2002 - upgrading to new shocks and springs helped but not much!

Roberto Ayon likes this.
  5. Roberto Ayon

Roberto Ayon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi team Prius

I have a Prius 2002 since 2 years ago, this car i bougth by a auction in Tucson Arizona, here un Hermosillo we have a lot of problem with asfalt in the city and i change my shocks every 6 months, here is a person to rebuild anykind of shocks and he tell me, you can install corolla 2004- 2012 rear shocks in your car, the corolla´s shocks are more stronger than the prius shocks, i get the las week the pair of shocks for 50 usd in San Luis Rio Colorado Mexico, yesterday i installed in the prius with base and spring and work great i a very good reeinginering for the Prius 2002.

Best Regards