1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2001 Prius

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by Austexcat, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Austexcat

Austexcat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I'm finally selling my 2001 Prius. I've had it since 2013. It now has around 230,000 miles on it and it's not presently running. Just got the dreaded triangle of death with a 3191 code. Tried different things including installing a brand new ECM. Still nothing. I've been wanting to go EV anyway, so now is a good time to sell. Below are some good reasons to buy this car.

1. Installed brand new Toyota hybrid battery in 2016. I still have the receipt. At the new battery installation I added a Prolong battery charger and I've been topping off the battery religiously every three months as recommended. Of course the charger comes with it.

2. A new 12 volt battery installed about three months ago.

3. A brand new air conditioner compressor installed around a year ago.

4. Tires are in excellent condition. Relatively new.

5. Interior is perfect. The exterior has a few bumps and scratches, but there is no rust. It is always garaged.

6. Just installed a brand new ECM thinking that was my problem. Turns out it wasn't. So you get a new and used (and seemingly good) ECM's.

7. The engine runs perfectly. I always change oil around 5,000 miles and always use synthetic oil.

Asking $2,500.00 but will listen to all offers. The hybrid battery alone is probably worth that.

WHCSC and bisco like this.
  2. Q*bertZ

Q*bertZ Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is there a warranty on the hybrid battery?

3. Austexcat

Austexcat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    No there isn't. I purchased the battery from Victoria Toyota in Victoria, Texas. Batteries from Toyota come with the casing and the battery modules, but none of the electronics. I had to take those from my old battery and install in the new. The battery cost me around $2,000.00 instead of the $4,000.00+ the dealership would have charged me. The battery in these early Prius models are easy to install. Installing the electronics in the new battery was a 30 minute job.